Wednesday 26 December 2012

Top Ten Contemporary Reads of 2012!



 
 I'm a bit late to this meme but it is Christmas! Hope you are all having a fabulous celebration!
I've chose Top Contemporary reads as my topic because I've read loads of contemporaries this year and I kind of already had this post written, so I just tweaked it! 
Easy by Tammara Webber
I have been re-reading this one like crazy! I love the side cast of characters, the theme, the romance, Jackie, Lucas... Everything really! Reviewed in October.

 
If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman
No surprises here! I loved these two books- brilliantly unique contemporaries with a fantastic cast of characters and a brilliant use of flashbacks! I loved how the two books are from two different point of views and both felt very emotionally deep and real. Reviewed in July!
 
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson has been one of my go to summer contemporary authors since Amy and Roger! I loved concept and plot line of Second Chance Summer and the complex characters. Reviewed in July.
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
A fun festive witty contemporary read which incorporates so much of New York City and it's diversity! Reviewed in October.
Because of Low by Abbi Glines

 
I have gushed over Abbi Glines Sea Breeze series it's no surprise this one made it on this list! Because of Low was so sweet and based around family drama which I loved. Reviewed in September
 
Lengths by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt


I loved how hot and sweet this was! I liked how Whit seemed to be the more troubled on as usually in YA/NA the guy is the most 'broken'. Such an unexpected great read. 
 
Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy.
 I liked the setting and the pace- it really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it! So glad I got the chance to take part in the tour! Reviewed in December!
 Charade by Nyrae Dawn
Sped through this on Sunday- it is so amazing! I can't believe I waited so long to read it!
Review is on it's way!
 
What has been your favourite contemporary read of 2012?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx

9 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Derailed made your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was addictive! So excited for Wrecked :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard really amazing things about Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. It sounds like a good winter read. I may have to pick up a copy! Thanks for the list. :D

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth a read especially so close to Christmas! I loved it so much I went out and brought it in paperback!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great list! Glad that Dash & Lily's Book of Dares made your list! Really enjoyed that one!

    My Saturday Situation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a good read!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay I definitely agree with this list. I loved If I Stay and Where She Went and am dying to read Easy, Lengths, and Second Chance Summer.

    Also Alyssa Rose Ivy is an incredible author and so I'm sure Derailed is awesome.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree!
      The Clayton Falls series is awesome I highly recommend it :P
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!