Welcome to Day 3 of the Waterdance blog tour!
Samantha Combs is a young adult/middle grade author living in Southern California. The author of six books, three are young adult paranormal romances, Spellbound, Everspell, and Ghostly, a middle grade horror novel, The Detention Demon, two adult horror collections, Teeth and Talons, and Way Past Midnight, and a new standalone YA paranormal, entitled Waterdancer, which you should look for in Sept. 2012. Samantha hopes to complete and release two other books currently in progress. 2012 looks amazing!
When she is not writing or reading voraciously, Samantha enjoys bloggers, the Food Network Channel, reality television and wandering around the aisles at Target. She recently conquered Facebook and is learning how to use Twitter. She is sure she can handle any situation if she has the right shoes and has a mad passion for totally inappropriate earrings. Samantha believes the movement toward technology is the most exciting thing to happen to publishing and can’t wait to see what the industry is going to do next. Anything that makes kids want to read can’t be a bad thing.
Bailey feels she and her mom have always met life’s challenges as a team of two, more like best friends than mother and daughter. But her mom’s recent marriage has changed all that. Having her little brother Landry is all Bailey can find good about that union. The move to wealthy Del Mar from their humble beginnings has turned Bailey sour, until a chance meeting of surf hottie Jack West changes all that. Then, when her father reenters her life, with his annoying Zen-surfer lingo and a talking turtle he claims is her spirit guardian, no less, he threatens the only relationship Bailey thinks is working in her world. She soon finds out that’s not all his arrival will do. His presence and their shared family trait could ultimately force Bailey to make a decision that will alter the course of her own life and those she loves…..forever.
What I loved:
- Surfing!- I loved how big a part surfing played in the plot and the general community! I think it's because I've never lived somewhere were surfing is the norm so I find it really interesting!
- Kumu- I loved his character! I thought it was an unique take as I'd never read a spirit guide before.I especially liked how he was introduced and how he fulfilled his role.
- Jack- Why didn't boys like this go to my school?? I loved how he took the initiative and was so straight forward. He was great with Landry, and a really good boyfriend. I would love for him to teach me how to surf!
- Landry- I think well written younger brothers are becoming a common character in YA. Landry was so well formed as a character I loved him! He was sweet- definitely the best thing about their union!
- Sharona- Bailey's mum.. I initially felt bad for her but as the book went on I realised she was pretty weak as a person and as a character. She kept Bailey from her father knowing their shared family trait, and moved her completely out of her comfort zone for Warren. Not cool! She did redeem herself but still not a favourite of mine!
It was short but sweet- I liked that it wrapped everything up neatly with a epilogue despite being a novella!
Find out more!
Samantha has 6 other books which I'm sure are just as good as Waterdancer!
THE DETENTION DEMON http://www.amazon.com/The-Detention-Demon-ebook/dp/B0077DTQHG/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336187185&sr=1-1
TEETH AND TALONS http://www.amazon.com/Teeth-Talons-Horror-Anthology-ebook/dp/B006X51I4S/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336187215&sr=1-1
WAY PAST MIDNIGHT http://www.amazon.com/Way-Past-Midnight-ebook/dp/B0088DXFP8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1338755543&sr=1-1
More Blog Tour!
Check out Samantha's blog or twitter to follow the tour!
Hope you enjoyed this!
p.s this should have gone live at 10am not pm!