Saturday 21 July 2012

Love of The Party by Lauren Barnholdt

One Party. Four Different Romances.
In FALLING HARD, Emily and Ashton couldn’t be more different. She’s quiet and sweet, he’s popular and outspoken. And when he flirts with her one night at the party she’s throwing, Emily knows she should stay away. It’s never a good idea to get involved with the hottest guy in school– you’re only setting yourself up for heartbreak.
But even though Ashton might come across as cool and confident, he can’t stop thinking about Emily. And by the end of the night, these two just might be falling hard…
In TELLING SECRETS, Brooke just wants to forget. About the weird stuff that’s going on with her family. About the fact that her best friend moved away right before their senior year. About the fact that lately, she hasn’t been able to feel much of anything.
And that’s what Aiden helps her to do -- forget. So what if he’s kind of… unavailable? Everyone needs a bad boy, right?
Ry just wants to be with Brooke. He had a chance a long time ago, and he’s been pining for her ever since. And when he sees her with Aiden, he decides that some things have been kept secret long enough...
In GETTING CLOSE, Gabriella is afraid. Afraid of what it means to be in love with Landon, afraid of what it means to let herself fall for another person so completely.
Landon knows Gabriella’s scared, and he’s not about to give up on her. But will he be able to convince her that they’re meant to be?
In KISSING PERFECT, Brynn is completely broken-hearted, and the only reason she’s even going to Emily Mulally’s stupid party is to get revenge on her ex-boyfriend. So what if what she has planned is kind of sort of illegal? Aaron deserves it.
But when cute and popular Josh Noth catches her in the act, Brynn thinks she’s in trouble. Josh is a player, super popular, super hot, and known for being a little bit (read: a lot) of a kiss slut. So Brynn does her best to ignore the butterflies in her stomach, chalking it up to post-break-up craziness.
But Josh can’t stop thinking about Brynn. And suddenly, he doesn’t want to kiss any other girls. Ever. But will he be able to show her that he’s for real?
 
Wow this is awkward- I've repeatedly referred to this book as At The Party in all of my posts.... However I brought, downloaded and read Love of The Party. Whoops! Main difference is the inclusion of an extra novella!
I loved how short these were, made for a great quick fun read-  if I'd downloaded the kindle app on to my phone during the readathon I would have finished it before the end of readathon!
I love Lauren Barnholdt anyway so I knew I'd enjoy these! :)

What I loved-
  • Pace- how all of these stories took place in the space of one story, they were quick but gave you all you needed!
  • Viewpoints- I loved how all of them switched from girl to boy so you got both sides of the story.
Falling Hard
  • Emma- I loved her character, how Lauren hinted at deeper issues with her mum and h
  • Confusion- I loved all the misdirects, Emma's gay best friend, Ashton's drunk ex girlfriend and the fact the characters had never met before and were from different 'groups' all made for a brilliant story.
Telling Secrets
  • Brooke- I think I'm partial to characters named Brooke anyway but I loved how she had such a profound realisation of the realities of her life. She was very realistic with her good girl persona and her bad boy thing.
  • The whole story- I think this was my favourite storyline, it had drama, romance, bad boys and good best friends all you need!
Getting Close
  • Gabriella and Landon- I loved this couple, they were all ready established and freshly broken up. I loved seeing how their perceptions and the truth were so different.
  • Insight- It was interesting to see Brooke who was part of Gabriella's group through different eyes as it painted a sadder picture than Brooke had and gave insight in to their relationships.
Kissing Perfect
  • Josh- Such a stereotype but with a twist! I liked how he helped Brynn and took her to Home Depot, where they had so much fun.
  • Kaci- as a side character I liked her! I loved her 'invite me to the wedding' comment and the way she reacted to Josh and Brynn.
What I Didn't Love as Much

Falling Hard
  • Haven- I felt a little bad for her but she wasn't very nice especially with the way she pursued Ashton.
Telling Secrets
  • Trip- He does Ry the small favour of swapping shifts and expects Ry to write his essay for him, making sure to dumb himself down, at the party- rude!
  • Aiden James- I was going to cut him some slack as Brooke did give him a free pass, but then I thought he never acknowledged her or listened to her or took her anyway= bad boy! 
Getting Close
  • Julia - I couldn't believe this girl- sadly I'd seen versions of this girl at parties which is why I disliked her so much!
Kissing Perfect
  • Aaron- Oh my gosh! This guy was such a horrible boyfriend- he was overly political, rude and self obsessed!
I picked up these four really good novellas for the bargain price of £2.54-Perfect for a quick read!

Let me know your thoughts!
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!