Welcome to the The Secret of Ella and Micha Blog Tour!
Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.
Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.
Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.
Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.
I saw this on Goodreads and then I got an invite to the tour- talk about fate! I loved how unique the plot was and how so many twists were slowly revealed.
What I loved:
- Ella- I loved her character! She had clearly made a very good attempt to alter her personality but when they collided I loved how they meshed together and she became the better part of 'old' and 'new' Ella. Her fears rationalised her running away but I did question the fact she hadn't contacted anyone from home. I can't really explain how much I loved her but she was a fascinating character to read.
- Micha- Wow! One of the best guys I've read in awhile- even his name is amazing! This is basically the mini version of why I loved him! I loved how much he loved Ella and stood by her and for her at all times. I liked how Ella didn''t realise how much her disappearance affected him but it was clear to everybody else. I liked how he had ambitions and plans for himself and that his life wasn't perfect either. He seemed like a good son and very well rounded. I loved the bromance between him and Ethan!
- Plot- I loved how it was a mixture of several 'standard' storylines but scrambled slightly to make it more unique mixed up several 'standard' storylines and made it unique
- Side characters- I absolutely loved Lila and Ethan's side story and relationships with Ella and Micha. I felt sorry for Lila as she realised that she didn't really know Ella and she obviously had a difficult home life. Ella definitely underestimated her Ethan was such a good friend to Micha and I loved his 'banterous' relationship with Ella. I am looking forward to reading their story!
- Setting- I liked how it was a rough area but not completely awful. They were good people mixed in with bad! Ella had tried very hard to portray herself as an average girl from an average place so Lila was understandably shocked!
What I didn't love as much:
- Ella's family- Ella's brother was so harsh, I understand being angry at a funeral but not keeping it on and distancing yourself meanly. Her dad was so out of it, he definitely needed help.
- Micha's Dad- I had high hopes for this one but he let me down! I can't say more without spoiling it!
- Micky- I kind of found the whole drag racing storyline a bit unnecessary but Micky was such a horrible person. He seemed intent on winding anyone and everyone up enough to race him but he wasn't all that great!
I loved this book! It felt quite unique and was very easy to read!
If like me you are keenly awaiting to read more on Ella, Micha, Lila and Ethan, these links should prove helpful!
author/show/4601855.Jessica_ Sorensen http://jessicasorensensblog.
Jessica-Sorensen/ 165335743524509 https://twitter.com/
Have you fallen in love with Ella and Micha?
Tour organised by