Welcome to the Shallow Blog Tour!!
Nick Hawke likes his car fast and his girls even faster. He blows through females quicker than his muscle car races down the "The Strip" in Collinsville and he wouldn’t have it any other way. Determined to avoid the devastation he has watched his father endure in the aftermath of his mother leaving, he believes there is no room in his life or his heart for a relationship lasting more than one night. He seeks happiness in things that won’t let him down...fast cars, adrenaline and one night stands. To his absolute dismay, all of that changes when he unexpectedly runs into an old friend and is introduced to Payton Archer, the first girl he ever wanted for more than one night. There’s only one catch...she is completely immune to him and his smooth talking ways.
Payton Archer is looking for what Claire has with Jessie, but she has given up on finding it...at least until she leaves for college in the fall because she is certain that is where she will find the perfect guy to fit into her perfect world. She plans on summer being nothing but three uneventful months of fun, but it turns out to be anything but ordinary when Payton is introduced to Nick Hawke, one of Jessie’s old Collinsville friends. She is shocked by her immediate and intense attraction for “Hawke” because nothing about him is what Payton is looking for. Sure, he’s hot and sexy but he comes from Collinsville and that is definitely not on her list of prerequisites. Everything about him makes Payton’s heart speed because he is exciting and dangerous, but his fast car and the dangerous chances he takes aren't what scares Payton the most...it’s the way Nick Hawke makes her feel every time he looks at her. Can Payton find that moment of total fearlessness and make the decision to leave the safe, shallow end of love to risk going under completely?
I loved Going Under so I was excited to read more about Payton, Claire's feisty best friend! This book delivered above and beyond what I was anticipating!What I loved:
- Payton- I loved her feistiness in Going Under and I just loved it more in Shallow. I found it much easier to relate to Payton than Claire. I liked that underneath all the armour she was just a girl who wanted real love and wouldn't settle for less! I did find her slightly ott on judging other girls who had lower standards than her.
- Nick- I loved him! Such a good bad boy! I loved that he had morals and ambition for himself and his family. He hadn't been the luckiest guy but he was making the most of his life. I liked how self assured he seemed when it came to Payton initially.
- Dallas- She was so sweet! I loved her relationship with Nick, she completely believed in him even when he didn't believe in himself. I thought it showed a lot about the nature of their relationship that Nick was willing to invite her to hang out with Payton, Jess and Claire straight away. I loved her with Dane, such a cute seemingly uncomplicated relationship!
- Jessie/Claire/Payton- I loved this triangle! Jessie is the boyfriend you always hope your best friend will get. Friendly and protective of you and a genuinely good guy for your friend. I loved how well Jessie understood Payton, he knew when to step in and when to back off.
- Epilogue- There are few things I love more than epilogues which give you the perfect glimpse into the future of the characters!
What I didn't love as much:
- More- I wanted more! I would have liked to read more of Payton in Nick's world and more of them together in general!
- Tilly- Could not believe her! I won't spoil but she made me so angry!
I loved this slightly more than Going Under but they are a great set of companion books!
*Just heard Dallas and Dane are getting their own book!!* So excited!
Opinions on Shallow?