Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?
Eva Brooks planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbour, had been the centre of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible.
Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows.
Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips.
Kicking off YA and NA Contemporary month with a review I purposely held back! I didn't think Abbi could top Because of Low... I was wrong! While It Lasts is such an amazing read!
- Cage- Wow! I found him funny and sweet in Low but I loved him in Lasts. He was everything he needed to be! Sweet, funny, respectful, hot, dangerous, risky and caring! I loved how he still needed Low and how they truly are family to one another.
- Eva- I felt for Eva not pity more empathy- it's horrible when death ruins your perfect life! I loved how she grew to appreciate Cage and see that even though he was so different from what she had planned with Josh he was wanted she needed now!
- Jeremy- I loved him so much he made it in to my Top Ten Minor Characters. He was so good to Eva he stayed with her and went at her pace through the grieving and moving on phases! I want to read more on him!
- Link- I really enjoy when authors link their books together seamlessly and although this is obviously a series you could read them separately so I love all the little link back details and foreshadowing that I picked up on! I think I picked up on it more in this one as I read and loved Because of Low whereas I haven't read Breathe.
- End- Loved it! It was perfect it hinted at their future but didn't answer all the questions I absolutely loved the letter 'epilogue' perfect link to the beginning and showcases how Eva had grown and changed throughout the book.
What I didn't love as much:
- Becca- Oh my gosh! She was so over the top with Cage and I'm guessing anyone new and hot! I didn't really feel she was a good friend to Eva more of an old friend!
- Mrs. Beasley- I understood where she was coming from but she seemed to be overly nosey and inappropriate in regards to Eva's personal life. She didn't offer an opinion more like laid down what she felt to be the law...
- Length- It was pretty long but I wanted more! More of Eva in Cage's environment and more of Eva and her dad- I would have loved to read the full interaction regarding Cage! So glad Abbi decided to write more on these two!
I don't know how Just For Now will top this one! It was hot, sweet and so easy to read! Firmly a fan of Abbi and the Sea Breeze series! I'm currently awaiting Amazon UK to let me download Just For Now!
How much did you love While Its Lasts?
More than Because of Low?