Tuesday 6 November 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Contemporary Reads of 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is: I'm choosing Contemporary 2012 reads!
 
This freebie week fits in really well with my feature! I decided to do my top ten contemporary books I've read in 2012! YA and NA!
 
 
Easy by Tammara Webber
I have been re-reading this one like crazy! I love the side cast of characters, the theme, the romance, Jackie, Lucas... Everything really! Reviewed in October.
 
 
If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman 
 
No surprises here! I loved these two books- brilliantly unique contemporaries with a fantastic cast of characters and a brilliant use of flashbacks! I loved how the two books are from two different point of views and both felt very emotionally deep and real. Reviewd in July!
 
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
 
Morgan Matson has been one of my go to summer contemporary authors since Amy and Roger! I loved concept and plot line of Second Chance Summer and the complex characters. Reviewed in July.
 
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
 
A fun festive witty contemporary read which incorporates so much of New York City and it's diversity! Reviewed in October.
 
 
Because of Low and While It Lasts by Abbi Glines
 
I have gushed over Abbi Glines Sea Breeze series it's no surprise these two made it on this list! Because of Low was much more sweet and based around family drama whereas While It Lasts was hotter and involved more emotional drama. I love the contrast between the two and the continuation of the cast while keeping the two stories separate. Because of Low reviewed in September and While It Lasts reviewed as part of  Young Adult and New Adult Month.
 

  Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
 
This book has everything you could ask for in a YA contemporary novel, a heroine you can connect to, a hot boy with depth, a unique yet familiar plot and utterly addictive! Reviewed in July
Lengths by Steph Campbell and Liz Reinhardt


 I loved how hot and sweet this was! I liked how Whit seemed to be the more troubled on as usually in YA/NA the guy is the most 'broken'. Such an unexpected great read. Reviewed as part of Young Adult and New Adult Month!
 
What has been your favourite contemporary read of 2012?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx

9 comments:

  1. Really interesting list. I haven't read many contemporary books - but Dash & Lily is on my "to be read" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dash and Lily is amazing! I even brought it in paperbook just to have it on my shelf!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I own Easy but haven't read it yet. Need to get on that. Just seeing the cover makes me want to read it lol. Great list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it for awhile before I read it but I wished I'd read it straight away!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. intersting pick for sure. haven't read any of these though. Check out our Top Ten Fictional Crushes Katie @ INkk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, some of these look really good! I have read a couple like Second Chance Summer and If I Stay (with its sequel). I don't cry in books, but I did get teary eyed with Second Chance. New follower :)

    My TTT: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/11/top-ten-tuesday-fictional-crushes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an emotional read!
      Thanks so much for following!

      Delete
  5. Interesting list. I recognize quite a few of those from your earlier posts aso they (or your thoughts on them) must have made an impression...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always very vocal when I love something!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!