Welcome to my stop on the Loving Summer Blog Tour! I've been wanting to read this for ages so I am super excited to be part of the blog tour!
It was much better than I'd expected! I've seen a lot of people comparing this to the Summer trilogy but I couldn't make it through the first book whereas I devoured Loving Summer!
What I loved:
- Drew- I loved Drew! He was so witty and sneaky when it came to Summer and Astor! I loved when he interrupted their Disneyworld date. I also felt sorry for him as he was clearly deeper than anyone really thought and was so used to being second or even third best that he wasn't even surprised.. Excited to see more of him
- Sookie- l loved how much she had impacted the lives of Summer, Rachael, Drew and Nat with her acting classes, games and advice! She was so good with each of them, knowing what they needed and what they wanted- brilliant summer guardian!
- Summer- I did like her but she annoyed me- Nat, Drew and Astor blew hot and cold but she seemed to lack any passionate feelings for any of them and even when she picked one she didn't strongly discourage the others. I loved her work at the acting school and her determination to be a good friend and niece.
- Viewpoints- I always mention how much I love different viewpoints and Loving Summer ticked the box for me! I loved how the prologue was from Rachel's pov and then how Drew got two chapters from his viewpoint - it really added insight and made the different characters more relatable.
What I didn't love as much:
- Rachel- My main issue was I wished I could have seen more of her! As Summer's best friend, she really was not around much and she seemed to get into a relationship very quickly.....
- Astor- I found Astor to be a bit too much too fast. He seemed a nice enough guy but it seemed like the added competition of Drew and Nat enhance his efforts. Nat on the other hand seemed to be a mix and disinterested and inappropriately jealous!
- Ending- It was such a tease of an ending! It hinted at where Summer was and how the competition was still on!
Have you read any of Kailin Gow's books?
Tour organised by