Wednesday 20 March 2013

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally Read-a-Long

I saw Jude's Week 1 post and it inspired me to finally pick up Catching Jordan and take part.
However I kind of just read it straight through- Read-a-Long fail!
I did make notes for Week 1 and Week 2 though!

Week 1~ March 1–9: Pages 1–70.

First Impressions.
  • I did not know women could play in American Football! I know every sport in the UK has a women's league but it never thought about American Football! The team is so cool, I love all the individual personalities especially Henry, he's my favourite!
  • Jordan's parents. I love her Mum- I love how supportive she is of Jordan and how she makes sure she attends all the games. Not a fan of her dad obviously has an issue with women playing American Football despite the fact he must have inspired her!
  • I'm already suspicious of Ty- there's just something about him!
  • Jordan seems quite isolated despite all her friends but I like her so far!
 
Week 2~March 10–16: Pages 71–140.

Second Impressions.
  • I really want Jordan to give Marie a chance, she could use some female friends! Even though she is clearly making a play for Henry!
  • Ty- His secret was awful but not quite what I was expecting- interested to see how this plays out.
  • Henry- He is so obviously in love with Jordan. I really hope Jordan goes for  him in spite of Ty's tragic life and good looks!
  • Photo Shoot- Such an inappropriate photo shoot to feature a minor on school grounds! Heartbroken for Jordan as she clearly isn't being taken seriously.
  • Jordan- I cannot believe how fast she moved with Ty! Wow! It seemed out of character and a massive leap. Makes me distrust Ty even more!
Midway Prediction!
Jordan and Ty will end up together even though I am in love with Henry!

Are you taking part in the Read-a-Long?
Did you love Catching Jordan too?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you are participating with us. We weren't sure if the Read-Along would get any attention lol! I completely agree with you, I'm glad to see I'm not alone when it comes to Ty. He's just so weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good idea! I really enjoyed it although I accidently read ahead!.
      Ty is so odd I do not get him!
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!