Friday 8 March 2013

I Choose You by Bethany Lopez


Ever since I revealed the cover for Make It Last (#1 in this series!) Bethany Lopez has been high on my TBR list! So I jumped at the chance to be about of this tour!
Up until now, Nicole's life has been mapped out for her. She'd go to college, marry Jake and become the upstanding minister's wife. When she leaves that life to begin again in a small town in Texas, she finally has the freedom to live as she chooses. There, she meets Kent, a guy whose charm and passion make it hard to stick to her morals.
Dodging his father’s fists and protecting his twin sister made Kent into the man he is today. He learnt by watching his mother stay by his father’s side that it’s better to keep relationships simple. Then he meets Nicole. Her sweet smile and genuine response to him land like punches to his resolve. After a lifetime of learning to protect his heart, can he finally let down his guard?


I'm so glad I read Make It Last first because the series runs straight through so I Choose You told the story of Nicole and Kent as well as continuing the story of all the other characters!

What I Loved:
  • Nicole and Kent- I loved how their relationship developed throughout the book. I liked how they grew as people and how that impacted their relationship. Kent was such a good male lead, I liked how much pride he took with his career and his lifestyle, keeping his house clean and tidy and aiming high with his work. It was refreshing to see a character halfway through working up from a hard background. I respected Nicole and her beliefs especially how she had the courage to go against her family and still kept the core religious beliefs she had grown up with. Great couple!
  • Side cast- I love the secondary characters in this series! I loved how secondary relationships which had developed in Make It Last grew and progressed in I Choose You especially Kara and Pete! I enjoyed learning more about Roni's backstory and I liked how it set up Trust in Me. I once again loved Rich, his attitude and persistence were even more endearing and I cannot wait for more of him! I was so glad Brianna and Colin made a cameo, it was great to see how their relationship was developing!
  • Setting- I mentioned in my Top Ten Settings post that I wanted to see more small town settings and this series is proving I was right! I love how everyone knows and bumps into everyone! I mentioned Midwest/New England in my post by Texas had the added bonus of nice weather and cute accents!
What I Didn't Love as Much:
  • Kent- I wanted to see more of his background and issues. I have a feeling more will be revealed in Roni's story but I wanted more from Kent's point of view.
  • Short- It was such a quick read I could have read at least five more chapters!

I loved all the relationships and setting! Not quite as good as Make It Last but a great second book!

Have you read any of Bethany Lopez's books?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxxx

2 comments:

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!