Tuesday 22 January 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic: Top Ten Settings I'd Like To See More Of or at all
 
How cool is this week's topic? Once I started I made it to ten very easily.
 
Alaska/Hawaii 
 
Basically the two outer states! I don't know why but I'd like to read a book set in either of these states as I imagine way of life differs to the usual American settings.
Small Town, USA
Not a small beach community just a small town. Possibly New England like Gilmore Girls or in the Mid West just something abit different! 
 
 Canada
I am a huge Canada fan- my Grandpa grew up there! I want to read books set in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver! Or in the country or by the sea! Just in Canada :)
 
Australia
Why aren't more books set in Oz? It's such a diverse country and I want to read more about it!
Asia
I'm not really picky on what part of Asia as it's quite diverse, recently I've been partial to Singapore or Hong Kong. Another one I can't explain but I just want to read the setting!
 
Space
I really love the idea of Space as a setting in any capacity- just not too 'high brow' sci-fi! I loved Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund and I want to read similar books. 
Seasonal
I feel like most books are either set in summer or the festive period! I want to read more set in winter or Autumn.
 
Europe Trip
I love road trip books and to me Europe is the ultimate roadtrip destination as you can travel through so many cultures so easily! I want to read people eating Tapas in Spain, drinking Beer in Munich, bike riding in Belgium etc!
Early America
I did my dissertation on colonial America so I really want to read more fiction set in that period.
 
New Adult
I want to read New Adult books set outside of USA! I love them but I want to read about University in the UK or a couple in Mexico!
 
What do you want to see more of?
Please suggest books with any of settings!
Much Love!
Lettie

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes to Rory and Lorelai!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I totally forgot about small towns! I LOVE rural settings! Good list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them because I live in a city so rural is so different!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I just realized I can't remember the last time I read a book set during the Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This list really made me think about settings- why aren't there more Autumn settings??
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!