Sunday 6 January 2013

Back To You by Priscilla Glenn



When Lauren Monroe first laid eyes on Michael Delaney back in high school, she had every reason to stay away from him; within minutes of their first encounter, his volatile actions confirmed his notorious reputation. But Lauren saw something in him that caused her to question his bad-boy persona, and against her better judgement, she took a chance. She had no way of knowing that the unlikely friendship they formed would become so important to her.
Or that it would end so painfully.
Eight years later, when Lauren begins her new job at Learn and Grow Day Care, Michael is the last person she expects to see. Refusing to revisit the hurt and confusion of their past, Lauren vows to keep her distance from him. But staying away from Michael proves to be more difficult than she thought, despite her lingering grief and her instincts for self-preservation.
As Lauren and Michael recall the friendship that changed them forever and the events that tore them apart, will they finally be able to heal? Or will the ghosts of Michael’s past prove to be too much to overcome?


I'll admit I was hesitant to join this tour but I was pleasantly surprised!
 
What I loved:
  • Michael- I loved his layered backstory and how much he'd struggle to overcome it. Without spoiling it too much, Michael had been dealt a harsh life with blow after blow being thrown at him at an impressionable age. I think the way Lauren looked past the reputation and grew to know the 'real' Michael was the catalyst for Michael's change. I even understood why he left Lauren behind.
  • Flashbacks- I am a huge fan of a flashbacks and Back to You utilises them perfectly! They were appropriate and well placed allowing the book to seamlessly flow from past to present! I enjoyed seeing to two different portrayals of Lauren and Michael.
  • Plot- Initially I was a bit suspicious of the whole reunited lovers thread as I've read a couple of bad versions but Back to You restored my faith! I liked how the absence had both changed the characters yet they had retained some much of their connection to each other. Another good point was the cause of the break up which was linked to Michael's past not their actions- it annoys me how so many 'reunited' couples brush over the issues and actions of their breakups!
What I didn't love as much:
  • Jen- I wanted to see more of her, she seemed potentially a fabulous character and had a brilliant insight in to Lauren's past.
  • Pace- At times it felt like it moved a bit to quickly- especially as it had the dates as chapter headings so it made the time frame obvious. For example the intense bond between Erin and Lauren was very intense for the time frame and the fact Lauren was responsible for a group of children.

I loved the plot style and the way it was written! I loved the characters and

Follow the rest of the tour here
Have you read Back to You?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!