Thursday 10 October 2013

Faking It by Cora Carmack

Every girl likes a bad boy...
And Max's current boyfriend is as bad as they come. She knows her family would freak if they saw his tattoos and piercings.
So when her parents turn up unannounced Max grabs the most wholesome guy she can to play her boyfriend.
But Cade Winston is so perfect that Max needs him to keep playing the part. And the more they have to fake their relationship, the harder it gets to just pretend.
Why?
I liked Losing It and the way Cora Carmack wrote Cade, I knew I wanted to read more of his story especially after the way Losing It ended for him.

First Impressions!
I didn't warm to Bliss very quickly in Losing It so I was prepared for a slow start but I loved Max and Cade instantly!

What I loved:
Cade- I loved him in Losing It and I was so pleased that he really came into his own in Faking It. I found him realistic and very charming! He did start out as a bit weak but he definitely regained his confidence as the book went on. I liked how encouraging he was of Max and how incredibly charming he was with Max and her family. Definitely one of my favourite male leads.

Max- I absolutely loved Max! I loved her character growth and her surprisingly haunted backstory. I found her vibrant and her devotion to her musical ambitions despite resistance from her family very inspiring.
Plot- I wasn't too sold on the idea of a fake boyfriend but I really liked the way Cora approached the plot idea. The way they met was so unique and really fitted both their personalities and their personas. I liked the way they were both unsure of themselves in their own way and the fake boyfriend idea evolved and grew out of that.
 
What I didn't love as much:
More- I would have loved to read more about Cade's family and just more in general about their relationship. 
Bliss- It was realistic that things between Bliss and Cade could never be the way they were but it was still sad!
Rating!

I really enjoyed Faking It from beginning to end, I loved the characters and the plot surprised me!
 
So what's your opinion? Bliss or Max?
Finding It review coming soon!
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!