Claire Deveraux is perfection at it’s best. She is beautiful, intelligent and unaware she just became Jessie Boone’s conquest as revenge against her boyfriend, Forbes Henderson. Like her flawless performance as the perfect daughter and student, Claire’s production of being the perfect girlfriend has everyone fooled, except Jessie Boone, and she fears this tattooed bad boy will see her secret desire to explore his crude threats and promises to rock her perfect world. If she decides to give in to one uninhibited moment with Jessie, will she learn too late that it was all an act of vengeance or will Jessie learn the taste of first love is sweeter than that of revenge?
This was a random download from months ago that I finally read and really enjoyed!
What I loved:
- Jessie- He reminded me of Noah from Pushing The Limits , he was a supposed 'bad boy' who is actually a good guy with a bad family situation although Jessie's life had arguably been harder than Noah's. I liked how he focussed on sports as a way out of his situation. I just really loved him- I will even forgive him being called Jessie!
- Claire's parents- Despite a major/minor blip with Claire's mum they were awesome parents! Her dad willingly overlooked Jessie's supposed bad reputation in favour of Claire's happiness. They even made a huge sacrifice for Jessie's safety. Good grounded parents- a rarity in YA fiction!
- Claire and Payton- Great best friends. I loved how no nonsense Payton was especially how forward she was with Jessie to make sure he had Claire's best interest in minds. She knew Claire so well, she clearly didn't believe her whole I'm not even in Jessie thing.
- Dale- Another good friend. I liked how he befriended Jessie irregardless of the team's opinion and looked out for him.
- Forbes- I am starting to dislike how many awful ex boyfriends I have to read! Forbes was really vengeful, forceful and aggressive- not a good combination! I get that being dropped from the starting line up in favour of a 'poor' guy is a little humiliating but he was prepared to seriously injure Jessie and ruin his sports career- too far! I don't even want to get into how creepy and inappropriate he was to let himself into Claire's house...
- Rita and Wayne- Two stellar examples of how to ruin and potentially ruin two lives. I can't even imagine how a Grandma could be so cold and criminal...
- Drug dealing- Never a fan obviously but seeing as it was an important condition of Jessie's living with his Grandma it didn't actively get mentioned that much. As in he didn't seem to do much of it!