Welcome to the Veer Blog Tour! Time for a review of Veer!
Only when you let go can you learn to live.I started this one straight after Derailed- I couldn't wait to read more about Clayton Falls! Brilliant follow up!
Between the death of her mother and pushing through law school without her best friend, it's been a tough year for Becca. Needing a break from Boston, she moves to a tiny coastal North Carolina town for a relaxing summer. After bumping heads repeatedly with a local cop, she realises her summer will be anything but quiet.
Three years after a career ending injury ruins his chance to play Major League Baseball, Gavin has a distrust of northerners and lately girls in general. He wants nothing to do with a girl who is only in town for the summer.
When the two give in to their impossible attraction, they realise that they may just have found the key to freeing themselves from the ghosts of their pasts.
What I loved:
- The Premise- I liked that the series continued through Gavin and Becca two minor but important characters from Derailed. I loved that the pairing hadn't been obvious in Derailed and that the book told the background and the story of both characters so well. The actual storyline of Gavin and Becca was really intriguing too, Gavin's injuries, Becca's past etc were such good plot points!
- Jake- I loved seeing Jake in a completely different light! He really intrigued me with his bad boy persona and all the little bits we learnt about him, like the fact he was starting Quarterback! I'm now really excited to read his story, Wrecked!
- Side Cast- Molly and Ben were back! I always enjoy seeing the progress a couple has made from the last book so I was thrilled to see them stronger than ever! I also loved Kelly and Tom playing their role of established couple who always give great advice! I'm intrigued by the slight tension Becca saw between Molly and Kelly towards the end..
- Compromise- I liked that Gavin and Becca actually made compromises for each other- especially at the end! It was very realistic and made a great ending!
- Gavin's family- Mainly the women! They were so over the top especially to Becca- no wonder she got scared! If you want a girl to marry your brother don't suggest wedding planning and babies the first time you meet...
- Conflict Resolution- Gavin and Becca had a massive argument after the visit with Gavin's family and it didn't feel like they ever really resolved the issues or discussed it fully :/ It just annoyed me!
Check out my review of Derailed- the first in this series and stay tuned for a cover reveal for book #3!
Have you read Veer? Opinions?