Welcome to the Veer Blog Tour! Starting with a review of the first book in the Clayton Falls series!
When you're lost, sometimes the only place you can go is home.
Broken over the death of her fiancé, Molly leaves law school to return to her childhood home in North Carolina. Expecting to lay low until she can figure out what else to do with her life, she finds herself in the arms of her high school sweetheart, the boy who represents everything from the past she tried to leave behind.
Looking for an escape, she instead finds a way back to the girl she almost forgot existed and a future she never dreamt possible.
I was so looking forward to reading this one! It's been on my Amazon wish list for ages so I was thrilled that it lived up to my expectations!
- Plot- I loved that the plot was full of familiar elements but with an unique take! Like the high school boyfriend but he'd matured, the new fiance but he'd died etc. I loved how the twists were slowly revealed to the audience and then to the characters- it really made it an intriguing read! I also loved the connection with the title and Molly's life, which had in sense been derailed since before she left home!
- Pace- I liked that the story was set a while after Adam's death- so Molly had had some time to grieve and try to move on. It really annoys me when fictional people move on super fast after the death of their partner so I was glad that wasn't the case!
- Kelly- I loved her down to earth and realistic attitude. Kelly was there for Molly, encouraging her, cheerleading her and generally being an ace best friend! Only thing that annoyed me was the wedding date thing- little bit awkward!
- Ben- I loved him! I liked that he had actually matured and owned his past. Perfect example of why breaking up can be good! he was so supportive of Molly and knew her well enough to know how to handle her!
- Side Cast!- You know I love a good side cast! I liked Molly's family, especially Shayna, She was a good sister to Molly even though Molly hadn't been the most inviting! Gavin, he was far too sure pf himself and persistent but he had the potential to be a good guy, just not for Molly.... Jake, he really intrigued me! He was more like Molly than Ben. I really want to know what he did between Molly leaving for college and her return!
- Setting- I loved the setting! It sound so picturesque and serene- the perfect place to relax and heal!
- Names- I'm a big fan of matching family names- Shayna and Molly didn't sound like the children of the same parents which kept annoying me! I think it's just my own issue though!
- More- I wanted more! More of Molly's family and Ben's family. More on their future and their past.. But I guess that's the point of a series!
Did you love Derailed too?
Stay tuned for my review of Veer!