Sunday 11 August 2013

New Adult Week Mini Reviews Part 1!




Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumours, at least.
But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…
Me.
I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.
Forever. 
 
Thoughts.
One Week Girlfriend is fast-paced and filled with surprising twists and turns.
The characters are well written, intriguing and very well developed, the switch between points of view is clean and flawless. 
Drew was a surprisingly complex character, not just an average rich player. He had hidden depths and a surprising background. I loved reading Fable realise how wrong she was and discovering the 'real' Drew. Fable was my absolute favourite character. I loved her personality, she was determined and driven yet compassionate. It was intriguing to get glimpses of her home life and I loved her relationship with her brother Owen. I liked how loyal she was to Drew instantly, seeing much more in him than his 'friends' or 'family' had. Fable and Drew were equally troubled and compassionate characters and complemented each other perfectly.
The premise sounded slightly cliché but the plot felt fresh with the usual New Adult 'formula' reversed and given plenty of twists. It's hard to explain how different this book is without completely ruining all the shocking turns! The fast pace and short timeframe make for an intriguing read which creates lots of questions and a cliff hanger ending! Luckily by the time I read One Week Girlfriend I only had to wait a couple of days for Second Chance Boyfriend!
Rating!
I really enjoyed all the twists and turns and I loved Drew and Fable!



For four years, Grace Sullivan wrote to a Marine she never met, and fell in love. But when his deployment ended, so did the letters. Ever since that day, Grace has been coasting, academically and emotionally. The one thing she’s decided? No way is Noah Jackson — or any man — ever going to break her heart again.
Noah has always known exactly what he wants out of life. Success. Stability. Control. That’s why he joined the Marines and that’s why he’s fighting his way — literally — through college. Now that he’s got the rest of his life on track, he has one last conquest: Grace Sullivan. But since he was the one who stopped writing, he knows that winning her back will be his biggest battle yet.
  
 



Thoughts.
Undeclared has a vibrant cast of characters and a clever premise.
I adored how Noah and Grace had gotten to know each other through witty letters while he was I in the marines,  it was an interesting different plot device that worked really well. I liked how Grace developed her interests in photography and grew as a person throughout the book.
I loved Noah and his determination in all areas of his life, he was determined to be a good fighter because he needed the money to fund his long term finance ambitions. It was refreshing for a character to be so focused on ambitions they had planned for themselves prior to the story.  I even liked his reasons for not contacting Grace for two years, while it seemed unfair to Grace he had spent the two years getting over his trauma and sorting out his life outside of the marines.
The whole side cast were given a lot of depth as well as a lot of questions and hints towards their future stories. The Woodlands boys were all so individual, different personalities with different motives and pursuits but they meddled so well together. Finn was definitely my favourite as we saw the most of him. I liked that he was out in the real world of real estate and how funny and witty he was with his nicknames. I think Grace was right and he did talk a lot of game with no evidence so I cannot wait to find out in his book. I loved Bo and his devotion to Noah. I'm intrigued with how being a Marine affected him and his background which I hope to find out about in the next book. Adam and Mal both have interesting back stories so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them as well!. I liked Amy, she didn't have a large role but she seemed a bit of a dark horse! Lana was another of my favourite characters. I found her very interesting with her family background, her devotion to Grace, her eating issues and her bad choices in boys. I thought she might end up with Bo but now I'm hoping for Finn so my two favourites could be together!
I did want more on Noah's financial ambitions but I feel like it will be explored throughout the series.
Rating!
I loved the premise, story background and the well developed characters.

Two very good New Adult books!
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!