Thursday 20 March 2014

Reading through the Ages- Primary School!

This series is an expansion of a Guest Post I did over at Sniffly Kitty years ago!
It like a through the years in books- I've divided this into school years as that's what I relate books to in my mind.

Primary School- Reception- Year 2 (ages 4 to 7)
Elmer and Six Dinner Sid

Favourite books of reception class by a long shot! I loved Sid and no matter how many times I read it or had it read to me I still laughed at his six dinners :P. Elmer used to entertain me endlessly.

Enid Blyton

Hands down my favourite childhood author. She cultivated my love of reading. I was issued my own library card so I could borrow  the Secret Seven and Famous Five books to my little heart’s content. My Uncle brought me the Magic Faraway Tree and the Naughtiest Girl Again and I think along with the Wishing Chair I loved them the best!

Dick King Smith




I loved his Sophie books so much I wanted to live on a farm too! I also loved Dodos are Forever and Tumbleweed. My library had a big selection of his books which I worked my way through!
Jacqueline Wilson
A close second to Enid Blyton is the amazing Jacqueline Wilson and her skill for writing about realistic but difficult childhood situations. Her books entertained me from 7 to at least 16 and even now, I reread them.

I love reliving my childhood by books!
Let me know what books you loved during this age!
Much Love
Lettie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!