Thursday 4 September 2014

Sneak Peeks!






Sneak peeks of upcoming books always intrigue me however two recent sneak peeks have really got me waiting on those two releases!


Sixteen-year-old Clariel is not adjusting well to her new life in the city of Belisaere, the capital of the Old Kingdom. She misses roaming freely within the forests of Estwael, and she feels trapped within the stone city walls. And in Belisaere she is forced to follow the plans, plots and demands of everyone, from her parents to her maid, to the sinister Guildmaster Kilip. Clariel can see her freedom slipping away. It seems too that the city itself is descending into chaos, as the ancient rules binding Abhorsen, King and Clayr appear to be disintegrating.
With the discovery of a dangerous Free Magic creature loose in the city, Clariel is given the chance both to prove her worth and make her escape. But events spin rapidly out of control. Clariel finds herself more trapped than ever, until help comes from an unlikely source. But the help comes at a terrible cost. Clariel must question the motivations and secret hearts of everyone around her - and it is herself she must question most of all.

I've already gushed over how much I love the cover here so I won't go into that. I read the beginning of Clariel on Buzz Books from NetGalley. I've waited a long time for Clairel so I wasn't sure what to expect but it was compelling from the first page. It reminded me of Sabriel, my favourite of the original trilogy, and Clariel's personality shone through. I'm already looking forward to the family dynamics and the development of Clairel's life in Belisaere.


Can you hear Atlantia breathing?
For as long as she can remember, Rio has dreamt of the sand and sky Above—of life beyond her underwater city of Atlantia. But in a single moment, all her plans for the future are thwarted when her twin sister, Bay, makes an unexpected decision, stranding Rio Below. Alone, ripped away from the last person who knew Rio’s true self—and the powerful siren voice she has long hidden—she has nothing left to lose.
Guided by a dangerous and unlikely mentor, Rio formulates a plan that leads to increasingly treacherous questions about her mother’s death, her own destiny, and the complex system constructed to govern the divide between land and sea. Her life and her city depend on Rio to listen to the voices of the past and to speak long-hidden truths.


I read the beginning of this book thanks to NetGalley and I'm already hooked! I love the world building and how it's been explained so far. It's much more technical and thought out then I anticipated as underwater worlds tend to be build weaker. I love Rio and her inner turmoil and decisions were intriguing and I'm so excited to read more of her journey. I'm intrigued by Bay's decision and the reasoning as she was against Rio doing the same, by mysterious .......  and I'm a little bit in love with .

What are you most looking forward to this Autumn?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

2 comments:

  1. After researching publishers, I came across Garth Nix for the first time..I went to start reading one and found so many and don't know where to start! What book would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Garth Nix is one of my favourites! I would recommend Sabriel to start with as it's quite short but a great book :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!