Colin knew breaking up with Briana before leaving for college was the right thing to do. He was determined to leave small-town life behind forever, and that included his high school girlfriend. But when a sports injury puts him on the sidelines, he's forced to return home. Seeing Briana again brings back a lot of memories, and Colin wonders if he made the right decision. It doesn't take long for him to realize he wants her back, and this time, he wants to make it last.
I finally get around to reading this one because of the I Choose You blog tour!
What I Loved:
- Colin- I really liked Colin! I could see why he'd made the decision to break up with Bree but he definitely could of handled it better! I really felt for the way one injury ruined all his plans and ambition but I loved how he realised new dreams. His bromance with Rich was the perfect mix of advice and banter which I loved!
- Bree- I loved how strong and realistic she was in relation to Colin especially as he had broken her heart before. I loved that she fell for grown up Colin instead of just going back to the boy she used to know. Her culinary dreams were so inspiring and her approach was so practical you could sense her enthusiastic determination.
- Side cast- I loved all the characters in this small Texas town. Kara and Pete were definitely my favourite, I loved how their story ran parallel to the main story- I had to double check they didn't have their own book. Rich was my close second, I loved how flirty he was with all the girls but still a genuinely good guy. The series link was obvious in the way certain characters were introduced or hinted at which was both clever and intriguing.
- Writing style- I really enjoyed Bethany's writing style it flowed beautifully. I loved how Kara and Pete's story was interweaved with Bree and Colin's. I liked the way the main character's viewpoints flowed and the strong series link throughout the book. I especially loved how the title was incorporated into the story. make it last in.
- Short- I felt it could have been much longer! I would have loved more on Bree and Colin's lives etc. I do love how the whole series runs on a continuous timeframe so you get to see the development of the relationship through their friend's eyes.
I loved the characters and writing style and it was so easy to read!
Have you read any of the Friends and Lovers series?