Tuesday 12 November 2013

Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron

Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.
Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.
Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.
Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.
The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.

Why?
I loved the sound of the blurb and I think I caught it on offer!
First Impressions!
I liked that the book started back in High School on the night of the accident and then flashes forward to College moving in day. It really set up the characters' personalities and background.
What I loved:
Complex- The plot was very layered and complex. I loved how Zan and Lottie were connected both in the past and in the present. I liked that all the facts were slowly revealed with lots of twists and suprises. 
Lottie- I loved how firecly loyal she was to Lexie despite how different everything was, I think it showed how much of good person she was. The college situation can't have been easy especially with Zan and Zack so nearby but I liked how she just threw herself into it. Her relationship with Zan was again very complex and slow burning which I enjoyed.
Zan- I really felt for Zan as he had a lot hanging over him from being part of such an awful event. Especially after realising how long he'd liked Lottie from a far only to have the accident taint any relationship between them. I liked hid constant internal conflicts over Lottie and how he reacted to their budding relationship. Zan was such a good brother to Zack, who was obviously a completely ungrateful loser. I also loved how he made friends with Stryker and their friendship.
Side cast- So much love for the side cast! I adored Will and his 'Twindar' with Lottie. He was such an insightful and supportive brother and I loved his cute awkward approach with Audrey. Simon was a great addition to the group, he just slotted straight in with Will and Lottie and was such a witty positive character. I liked how Stryker sort of adopted Zan and listened to his story with no judgement, I was glad to hear he'd be in the next book! Katie was another character who grew throughout the book from what seemed like a cliché girly girl to a much more layered character, I loved her positivity and energy. Trish and Aud were two great additions each with their own intriguing background that I look forward to reading more about!
What I didn't love as much:
Zan's Family- I would of enjoyed seeing more of Zan's family and their personalities and perspectives of the whole situation as they felt a bit distant!
Lexie- One of the most tragic characters I think I've ever read! All of her potential and zest for life was snuffed out just because she liked the wrong guy.
Zack-  Zack seemed to have no redeeming qualities! He wasn't even nice or loyal to his family let alone anyone else!


Rating!
 
I really enjoyed this book with it's complex plot and great characters.
 
Have you read any of the Fall and Rise series?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!